this week was proly one of the most diverse weeks I’ve had in a long time!! let me just list off what had happened.....
1.5 we did divisions in abrantes and camaçari 2
2. Valda prayed and got a clear answer
3. A lady from another church was baggin on her answer
4. vil and andrea were all ready to go to church before we got there!
5. zélia went to church without us grabbin her, and she brought her son and daughter!
5.5 made friends with a deaf mute :)
6. We went to visit another church!
7. Made lunch with our investigators!
8. vivaldo stopped smoking cold turkey and they LOVE cevada!!!!
9...our roof fell in!
ok so ima try to explain all this!
1. I went and touched my lil tosies in the sand for the FIRST time!!!! omylanta mama the beach was sooooo beautiful! I cried a lil bit it was so pretty!
1.5 did divisions with the sisters and while we were doing a divison with one, the other area called and asked if we could go help them out at that moment because there was a kid with a demon and she wanted to go help him(we ended up not going to this kid!) phew!
2. were teaching FAMILIES mama!!! its so...unnatural for an entire family to be interested. Were teaching the family of valda, and the family of Zélia and Vivaldo! so..we challenged valda and her family to pray to know that this church is true and they need to be baptized in this chruch. We went back the other day and valda said she prayed and felt sooo good! she felt the spirit and felt something so good and peaceful! its amazing that she prayed and recognized the answer!
3. Sunday we went to grab them for church, and a lady from another church was telling her that her answer was a lie and she cant cheat on her church and that she needed to stay in her church. Valda doesn’t even go to that church anymore, but valda got a lil confused and didnt go to church Sunday. But were guna work with her!!!!
4. Her 2 girls, andrea and vil were ALL ready and excited to go to church. We didnt even have to really wait for them to get ready or convince them to go to church! They loved it too!!!! vil even made comments at church :) the only thing, she needs to get married :/
5. zélia + vivaldo + família =love :) LOVE this family with all my heart!!! zélia went to church, brought one of her daughters and sons, we didnt even need to go grab em! we ate lunch with them again, I just love them so much! theyr guna get baptized this week! lastnite I was thinking about that and the thought came in my head...vivaldo´s gunna have the priesthood one day! I got soooo stoked mama I almost cried!
5.5 Their nephew was visiting, Jadson, and hes a deaf mute! hes so cool!!! I spent forever talking with him and jokin with him! I really don’t know how we communicated, but I love it! I was interested in languages before, but on the mission I think my interest to communicate in other languages grew so much!!!
6. That pastor, marcelo...well we went to visit his church the other day! actualy mama, I liked it. I felt I was at a youth conference or something, because everyone was singing super loud and it was upbeat and everything haha but actually it was a really interesting experience for me. Marcelo was diff. b/c he didnt yell like the others, and he quoted me there too! I felt the spirit SO strong when he spoke. I want to help him so bad. He didnt go to church these past 2 weeks, but I’ve been thinking bout him alot. I was reading a scripture about how there is NO other way to be saved than thru the baptismal covenant. My mind went straight to him. I think it was the first time in my life I became truly worried about someones salvation!
7. lunch...already said that!!!
8. vivaldo stopped smoking cold turkey! after we took his smokes and challenged him to stop, he only smoked 1 more time and then just stopped! We brought cevada for them Saturday and she made it and vivaldo(who drinks like 25 cups a day) didnt even notice a difference hahahaha
9. yep, our roof fell in this morning!!! I was downstairs cleaning n makin breakfast when I heard a huge crash upstairs, I called for Sis Stewart...you alive!..nothing. so I ran upstairs and it was FILLED with dust. yep our roof fell in! hahaha only in brasil I swear!!! broke my only nametag and got dust on everything!
oman. This week was super intersting. The only thing missing was a baptism :( but i realy feel like we are doing so much work here. We are working our tails off to help out the area, and we really feel like we are! I feel like this week were gunna have a lota baptisms. Were finding golden families! My heart is so filled with love for these people. I really feel like I’ve goten the grasp of the whole, Christlike love for these people! I want to help them all out SO bad!!! I’m constantly thinking about them and what I can do to help them. I have been praying to really love this area, and even today I woke up just filled with love for this area and this work, yes its hard, yes I cry, but I am so grateful!!!
sorry this is such a long letter, I think you are the only one thats gunna read it :)
love you so much mama!!!!
I just wanted to send you a lil note telln you how much I love this gospel! I had an experience this week that really I feel like changed my life and love for this people! We went to visit the church of a pastor who is interested in this church. Well while we were there I developed this deep love for this pastor and how much I wanted to help him out. The next day, still thinking about that experience and my feelings, I read a scripture( forget where!) but it said that there is NO other way to obtain salvation than thru the baptismal covenant and taking upon us the name of Christ.Tthe first thing I thought of was this pastor and for the first time in my life I felt worried about someones salvation. My heart ached for him. I was imagining his life and what it´ll be like if he doesnt ever get baptized. I remember thinking, how weird I’m worried about his salvation. But its so true! I was literally worried! I feel like this time on the mission im starting to understand what this work is all about, what we are here to do! I am so grateful to be a missionary and so grateful that the Lord answers our prayers. I feel like I grew alot this last week thru all the lil experiences I had!!!